Scott A. Schwartz, Founding Member
San Fernando Valley attorney, providing representation from Van Nuys to Lancaster, California, as well as central coast counties for legal representation for injured workers in need of a dedicated workers' compensation attorney
Scott A. Schwartz is a third generation Los Angeles area attorney in the fields of workers’ compensation, personal injury and employee rights, serving the San Fernando Valley, Van Nuys, Pacoima, Canoga Park, Los Angeles, Covina, Irwindale, Colton, Alta Loma, Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita, Kern County, as well as central counties, such as Ventura County, San Luis Obispo County and Santa Barbara County. Mr. Schwartz comes from a long line of legal advocates. His grandfather was a well respected Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorney and later served as Presiding Judge of the Van Nuys Superior Court. Around the time that his grandfather began his judicial service, Mr. Schwartz' father and uncle began aggressively representing individuals in workers’ compensation matters. Mr. Schwartz enjoys a good reputation among his peers and is well respected in the legal community.
San Fernando Valley Attorney, representing injured workers from Van Nuys, Pacoima, Lancaster, Palmdale and central coast counties, including Santa Barbara, Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo for when you need a workers’ compensation attorney with many accolades to represent you
Scott A. Schwartz is well known for representing a wide variety of clients and, given his passion for justice, regularly performs pro bono work. Mr. Schwartz received the Wiley W. Manuel Award for pro bono legal services from the State Bar of California in 2007, and also enjoys the top Avvo rating of 10.0. Mr. Schwartz is widely recognized by his peers for his professional conduct while aggressively advocating for the rights of his clients. He has a consistent track record and provides strong representation without compromising his ethics. The Law Office of Scott A. Schwartz is equipped with state-of-the-art technology that helps the friendly staff keep in touch with their clients.
Providing a down-to-earth approach and getting effective results
Mr. Schwartz’s clients range from individuals seeking compensation for injuries or wrongful treatment at the workplace to corporate clients in need of guidance on issues of corporate governance. Mr. Schwartz also enjoys serving as general counsel for HOGPRO, a company that sells custom motorcycle wheels and other parts and Harley-Davidson accessories. In addition, Mr. Schwartz serves as general counsel to a Los Angeles-based makeup company. Mr. Schwartz’s past clients give him high marks for his compassionate demeanor and his talented guidance through the legal process. Mr. Schwartz also receives praise for his efficiency and his ability to keep his clients updated through every stage of their case.
Outside of the office and in his spare time, Mr. Schwartz takes pleasure in riding his motorcycle and participating in long distance races. As a motorcycle rider, Mr. Schwartz has a special passion to protect and support the safety of motorcyclists. Mr. Schwartz is committed to the riding community in those unfortunate instances when a motorcycle accident takes place and legal services are needed. On most weekends, you can find Mr. Schwartz riding through the "snake" on Mulholland Highway, past Lake Elizabeth or along Angeles Crest Highway. Mr. Schwartz, who also enjoys spending time with his family and friends, has a passion for representing you.
Call today to schedule your appointment with a California workers’ compensation, personal injury and employee rights litigation attorney
At the Law Office of Scott A. Schwartz, we promptly return your phone calls and offer flexible appointment schedules. We even offer weekend appointments to fit your busy schedule. Call us today at 818.350.2658 or visit us online to schedule your appointment.
Areas of Practice
Honors and Awards
- 10.0 (Superb) Avvo rating
- 2014 Avvo Clients' Choice
- 2013 Avvo Top Contributor
- 2013 Avvo Clients’ Choice
- 2012 Avvo Clients’ Choice
- 2007 Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- 2004 Witkin Award for Academic Excellence
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- Salzburg Institute on International Legal Studies
- B.A., Mass Communications, University of California at Berkeley
- California Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association, Member
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Member
- “Workers’ Compensation: What do I need to know?” 2013
- “Workers’ Compensation: Do I have a case?” 2013
- “Una visión general sobre la ley de compensación de trabajadores en California,” Avvo Legal Guides, 2013
- “Preguntas básicas sobre la sistema de compensación de trabajadores en California,” Avvo Legal Guides, 2013
- “Workers' Compensation: FAQs,” ePublished, 2012
- “Workers’ Compensation: An overview,” ePublished, 2012
- Santa Barbara Lunch and Learn: Subrogation | The Interaction Between Workers' Compensation & Personal Injury, 2014
- “SB863,” WC Reform in Detail, 2013
- “Workers’ Compensation: Nuts and Bolts,” KCAA Radio, 1050 AM, NBC News, 2012